Wooden Box Candler
Resource from U.I.U.C Urban exstension
- 1 60 watt bulb
- 1 porcelain socket
- 1 piece of stock lumber - 1 inch by 6 inches by 38 inches
- 2 No. 8 round wood screws, 1 inch in length
- 1 piece plywood 1/2 inch by 6 3/8 inches by 6 3/8 inches
- 1 male electric plug
- 4 small brads
- 6 feet of extension cord
- 16 seven-penny coated box nails
- Cut four pieces 8 inches long from the 1 by 6 board.
- Drill a 1 inch hole in one of the pieces.
- Bevel the edge of the hole.
- Nail the four 8-inch pieces together as shown.
- Cut the remaining piece of board to fit inside the candling box as a bottom.
- Before nailing the bottom piece in place, screw the porcelain socket to the center of this piece.
- Wire socket with extension cord and then nail bottom in place.
- Drill a hold in back of the candler for extension cord, and wire male plug to cord after feeding the cord through the hole as shown in figure above.
- Nail two small cleats to the 6 3/8 inch by 6 3/8 inch plywood. This piece will act as a removable top that will be held in place by the cleats.
Back To Links